In this article, We are going to perform How to install Docker on Windows 10 OS.
Docker is a brilliantly designed software container platform. This software is used for virtualization, you can execute multiple operating systems on the same hosting. Moreover. This platform provides an isolated environment where you can develop, ship and execute the applications.
- Windows OS with minimum 2GB RAM and 1 CPU.
- RDP access with sudo privileges
- Firewall Port: TCP 80, UDP 8080
System Requirements to Install Docker on Windows
Before installing docker on windows OS we have to enable virtualization in system BIOS and in Windows OS as shown below
- Enable Virtualization in BIOS for Hyper-V
- Enable Hyper-V in Windows OS
1. Enable Virtualization in BIOS for Hyper-V
- If you have not did already, you need to enable Hyper-V in BIOS before Docker can install and enable containers features.
- Shutdown your computer if it is on.
- Restart the computer and press F2 to open the BIOS The function key can be different depending on the motherboard maker.
- Use the right-arrow key to navigate to the Advanced
- Choose theVirtualization Technology and hit enter.
- Select Enableand hit Enter again.
- Save the changes (F10)and exit.
2. Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10
To enable Hyper-V Feature in Windows follow below steps.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and click
- In the Control Panel, go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- From the left pane, click on Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Select Hyper-V inthe Windows Features window.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Once the installation is completed, you are prompted to restart the computer.
Once System restarted, Press Win key -> Type Task Manager in search box -> click on Task Manager-> Navigate to Performance tab -> Under CPU you can see Virtualization enabled as show below
Download and Install Docker on Windows 10
- Download Docker.
- Double-click on msi to run the installer.
- Follow the Install Wizard: Accept the license, Authorize the installer, and Proceed with the install.
- Click Finish to launch Docker.
- Docker starts automatically.
- Docker loads a “Welcome” window giving you tips and access to the Docker documentation.
In this article, We have covered, Enable virtualization in BIOS for Hyper-V, Enable Hyper-V in Windows, Download and Install docker on Windows 10.